Thread: More Features that can increase earnings!

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

More Features that can increase earnings!

i would like to start our to say thanks alot for an amazing script/theme !!

I have a few ideas for some features u can get more earnings on as a classified ad site owner.
    - Bold Title - Gives the user there headline a bolder text.

- More images - Set a maximum of images u can use. and pay for each extra image u want to your add.

- Diffrent users - personal account and Company account. A company account can cost xx amount montly or pr. add. I can define that on each account type who should pay for what and what amount.

- Banner/ads betweeen ad listing - Put a 468x60 Ad space in every xx Ads shown in the categories.. Set the maximum to 3 banner /adsense ads on every page or whatever.

- Money/point Account - Give the user the posibilty to deposit money on there account. That could be compined with "diffrent user" idea so 1 type of account needs to deposit before posting ads, In my exsample, Company user.

- Virtuel Products - Make your classipress into an virtuel product ad site. People can pay by paypal and buy virtuel products such as music, Designs, Graphics, pictures, Ebooks. This will expand the usability of Classipress alot! Note for David: maybe an extra product people can buy, for increasing your earnings.

That was a few of my Ideas that i think mainly alot of people can benefit off. I think that most of theese ideas are generally useful for all Classipress users, and can give the users of the site more benefit of the site.

Hope some people and David likes it, and i would like some respons to it

Have an awsome day!!

Thanks

Re: More Features that can increase earnings!

I also have something that can increase earnings. Working with a credit system, users can buy for example 50 credtis for 50$, and every ad they list their credits reduce with x credits (depending on the category). This way you can make packages and oblige the poster to buy a minimum package, and as a site owner you are sure that the poster will post more ads because of the credits he has....

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenlife
    I also have something that can increase earnings. Working with a credit system, users can buy for example 50 credtis for 50$, and every ad they list their credits reduce with x credits (depending on the category). This way you can make packages and oblige the poster to buy a minimum package, and as a site owner you are sure that the poster will post more ads because of the credits he has....
    Very good idea! it was a bit in that direction my idea was.

More Supporters/ideas! gogo

Thanks

I dig these suggestions and second them!

Thanks

Glad there're some people that really thinking of monetization aspect. well I don't know about the others, but for me monetizing options are all that matter when ppl buy a script. With every additional monetizing model, there're various kind of websites can be created very creatively...
    I agree with various pricing and membersihip models mentioned above being built in even though there're some plugins that working with native wordpress such as eshop for virtual goods, etc.

I hope there're more ideas and support for this

Thanks

Monetizing is what you're working for, no? Just like everyone of us, I have to pay for my coffee addiction...

Thanks

"- More images - Set a maximum of images u can use. and pay for each extra image u want to your add."
    Awesome idea!

Thanks

What about tying the "custom fields" options into the "upgrades" option. For example, you may have a category for "dogs". Someone with a mutt might be ok with the basic title/post format. But what about a pedigreed show dog? Someone might be interested in paying for the ability to show a "pedigree" on the ad. It could be added into the custom fields section and designed to display neatly on the ad page, and then somehow allow $x as an upgrade to the ad which then lets the user fill out the pedigree fields.
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

Feature requests being submitted for consideration. I will update this thread with any comments/feedback as it becomes available. Thanks.

Thread Information