Thread: Multiple Currency Types

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Multiple Currency Types

I know it's a pretty major feature ..... and I expect it would be pretty major implementation ..... but Multiple Currency Types would seriously expand the capabilities of ClassiPress into an even-more global solution, especially for a site who wants to sell products or post classifieds in more than one country. If there any pre-existing methods to do this, please advise.

I'm sure there would be several different angles from which it could function, here's one such angle (though I know none of the coding hurdles standing in front of it) .....

• Currency Per Category

Using the parent/child category hierarchy, Parent categories are the country, and subcategories are the products of the country. Here are breadcrumb examples (because they explain it well) ....

Home > US > Dog > Beds
      Home > US > Dog > Prams
      Home > UK > Cat > Slippers

So in the above examples, the bed and pram would be displayed in USD, and the Cat slippers in GBP.

It sounds so simple (laughing). Hope someone has an-oh-so-simple solution/suggestion.

After-thought: could custom taxonomies somehow help...?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Currency Types

I did find an impressive-looking Mutliple Currency Donation Plug-in (for any reference).

http://www.makesomecode.com/2010/01/07/ ... wp-plugin/

Thanks

Re: Multiple Currency Types

Feature request being submitted for consideration. I will update this thread with any comments/feedback as it becomes available. Thanks.

Thread Information