Thread: Picture Uploading Javascript/Flash

Thanks

Picture Uploading Javascript/Flash

I know its been asked before by several people, but I am wondering about the picture uploading, and when a better system will be available? Are we talking in the next few months or is it further away?

Something like what is available on blogspot, or gumtree, where you upload the pics one at a time, and it prevents peoples ads from timing out due to them attempting to upload 8 X 5MB images at one time.

I myself have had several people requesting help due to their ads not being submitted after they did this. As a result I have now reduced my images allowed from 8 to 2, as I hate the thought of losing ads because of this.

Thanks
    I have the same problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Classipress as a wordpress theme uses Wordpress engine in uploading and so it has to conform with that. Perhaps in the near future when it is already fully evolved and feasible enough to implement then the developer can do something about it.

Blogspot and gumtree, of course, has that feature because they have a dedicated team and resources to go on with development. They have also efficient servers that can handle heavy loads of activities involving images.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and not of the developer.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    I agree Developpers have to conform with wordpress engine, but in WP admin the upload process in in flash and you can turn off the flash upload if it dosen't funtion. It is not really a technical problem or a bug but the simple user don't know how to resize images and don't understand why he can't upload normal images. For my classipress site I have added resize-on-upload plugin to resize images after upload, defined upload_max_filesize to 10M and increased my max_input_time variable to allow input time for 10 minutes. I also have added a loading image on the onSubmit of the form and a text to explain to simple users the upload process could be very long.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    It is just great that you have found a work-around and sharing it will gladly help others who have the same issue.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thanks for replying you guys.

Firstly, does wordpress not automatically resize the images? I would have thought that it did, however I just checked my upload folder, and have several very large images in it. I never heard of this resize plugin before.

Secondly, can you show how to add a loading image, and also how to change the max_input_time variable?

Thirdly, the admin panel in WP does allow flash uploading of images, so perhaps it will be rolled out to the front-end in a coming version of WordPress? If it is, will Classipress be able to integrate it?

Thanks
    Just got another complaint about the picture uploading from a user.

Thread Information