Thread: promotional ads feature

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

promotional ads feature

Hello,

Loving the theme. Nice that so many features are already here and so many are automated.

A suggestion for the crew. I am attempting to sell ads to businesses, (a business directory would be great) and a feature

I think would be great would be that of a promotional ad price or length of run.
    For example: Initial ad posting is $100 for 18 months. When renewal time comes, it automatically defaults to real offer of $100 for 12 months. Can even default to $150 for 12 months.

In other words, without having to go in to the admin to change a "package" it would be preset in the coding when the package is set up. So when the client recceives their renewal email, the new offer would be there for them to accept or not. I guess like an "introductory" offer. Also I guess a protection of some sort would have to NOT allow the client to just let their ad expire, and then just sign up again for the same promotional ad as a "new" ad.

Maybe the easiest way is with a promo code that discounts or extends the ad or both. Then when the administrator sees fit they can make the promo code defunct.

Hope I was clear enough and can be considered, tried not to bore.

Thread Information