Thread: Select a Category on /add-new/

Thanks

Select a Category on /add-new/

I have created about 1000 categories on my website. And now it is very difficult to choose one. Do something like here: http://www.skelbiu.lt/step2.php or here http://skelbiu24.lt/skelbti.php?category=&subcategory=

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Select a Category on /add-new/

Surely, this interface is more intuitive when you have many categories (or many levels). I would also love it! : D

Thanks

Re: Select a Category on /add-new/

Feature request being submitted for consideration. I will update this thread with any comments/feedback as it becomes available. Thanks.

Thanks
    I too am running across the same type of issue, another option for me could be to load the Select a Category drop down with the same category where the user clicked the Post an Ad button. Or to reduce the categories to the top level parent of the categories where the user clicked the Post an Ad. I am very interested in what will be offered and when it will be available.

Thanks
    Hi deividas,

May I ask that have you managed to find some solution for this? I have the same problem unfortunately.

Cheers,
    sisco

Thanks
    I'd also like to know if there is a feature in the works or even a tweak or add-on that could be done.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    It can be implemented with java script. You may google for the keyword "chained select" and you will be presented with a lot of tutorials on how to do so. You may also check http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com for some tutorials about it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information