Thread: usability and there needs

Thanks

usability and there needs

generaly i think this forum is al little bit to much technical. ok i know there is a new relase 3.01 an all costumer like to have a well functional website...
    But whats up with the needs of your users that should come ... post ore searche on your sites?
    Ok you talk about sizes for thumbnails or other stuff an so am i think thats ok and seriously needed.

But i missed some functions there ar no one disscus anytime....

a friend of mine is a semiprofessinonal hobby seller an i ask her to check my new site. after 3 seconds she slap her happy on my face
    seriously i only transalte her questions:
    > where can i seperate buyers from sellers?
    > where can i seperate privat sellers from professionals ?
    > who can i cluster or seperate my search to cityparts, regionals ore states ?
    > Who can i change to see all classifids from town a. or town b: ?

seriously. i am a online concepter an work in german agency since ten years. and never felt "naked" like that.
    First thougth... upps shure she have wright! So why do i post that here?

Two reasons:
    first: I would like to "input" a new generaly thought. Usability! Or what are the needs of our all customers an not only the technical customers as we are...
    scnd: this results some functions that (in my opinion) have much more priority as functions like thumbnailsizes or something else.
    The Usability king ever jacob nielsen had said one sentense i will never forget: "you have three seconds" to get an new user. when he/she where satisfied after this time... the click away and never come back.

so what are the serously needs from our costomers? And the answer auf this questions have tops priotity for new features in classipress 3.02

sorry for my lousy english

lets get startet to talk about...

Thanks

Re: usability and there needs

an "commented" screenshot . for example as other pro websites implement more user frendly funktions...
    upps the img function shows not all from the image... see it the hole pic on http://www.stefanneupert.de/usability.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

> where can i seperate buyers from sellers?

You can have a "Wanted" or "Seeking" category.

> who can i cluster or seperate my search to cityparts, regionals ore states ?

You can use the custom fields to define the regions for people to choose from.

Then add a text widget to your sidebars. In the text widget you can include links to all the pages that result from search queries of each region you have used in the custom fields.

> Who can i change to see all classifids from town a. or town b: ?

Again to narrow down to towns, you can do this with a custom field. And in a sidebar text widget, include links to the pages that result from queries of each of the towns.

Or you could try using the "custom field taxonomies" wordpress plugin to define your links to all of your regions and towns. I was unable to activate this plugin in wordpress for some reason.

> where can i seperate privat sellers from professionals ?

I'm not sure on what is the best way for this one. It would depend on how you want to define a professional seller. I think a private seller can act in a professional manner.

Thanks

also could create wordpress pages for each region.

have links in your sidebar to these pages.

in these pages have the more narrow list of relative towns, with towns linking to pages that result from search queries of that town.

the thing that would be good for classipress is in the posting form, if we could choose from dropdown menu of countries, then choose from dropdown menu of regions within the selected country, then choose from dropdown menu of cities within the selected region. and the subsequent dropdown menus would be created on the fly. im not sure if this is possible as I haven't played with making forms in 3.0 yet.

that, plus custom field taxonomy functionality would do the trick.

Thanks

thanks alot herb )
    and shure, this is a good thought.
    "that, plus custom field taxonomy functionality would do the trick."
    and i aprciate that ...

but in fact, this is not problem )

dcowgill have to answer it generaly

witch way the way it is...

(dont know the wright words, but hopfully you all understand it...)

Thread Information