Thread: Wordpress 3.0 First Bug

Thanks

Wordpress 3.0 First Bug

So I found the first bug in ClassiPress while using WP 3.0 beta 1, however this will continue to be an issue.

So here is what I did, first I created my main domain. You then create a "super admin" that controls all the domains and has logins to all of them. However, they are not considered an author for all subdomains, and therefore they do not show up in the author dropdown.

If you create a post while logged in as the "super" admin, it will do some REALLY wierd stuff. 1 of the things that happened to me was that I went to test "expiring an ad" and then the ad would VANISH from my dashboard! I was shocked to find out after doing some database research that it re-assigned to post to the admin of the subdomain (a different user!). After hours of trial and error, I finally figure out that I should not be doing any testing using the super admin on the subdomain.

There are 2 options I see to attempt to stop this error from occuring with our users when 3.0 comes out.
    1. write some code that checks for the super admin ID during the install, and make sure that ID and user is added to the blog as a user.
    2. there is now a function called is_super_admin() or something like that, we could always just toss in an if statement into step 1 that disallows the super admin to post and displays an error accordingly.

Just trying to stay 1 step ahead of the game.
    ~ Seth Carstens, Sethmatics Inc.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts

Re: Wordpress 3.0 First Bug

I'll refer this to the developer so that it will be rectified in the next version of Classipress to complement with the soon to be released version 3 of Wordpress.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information