Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bleem

Thread: Additions to Main Search Bar

Thanks

Additions to Main Search Bar

Hi,

I've ploughed through the forums and I know there's a lot of discussion about this, some of which I've already tried. Here's what I am trying to do:

For a classipress site running as a property portal, I'd like to create a main search which combines aspects of the main search bar and the refine search sidebar. So my 'search panel' would have all of the following fields:

What are you looking for (as per the main search)
    Categories drop-down ( as per the main search)
    City or zip code, with radius (as per the search refine)
    Price (min and max) - not pulled from ad prices but a fixed dropdown with fixed price bands
    Bedrooms (min and max) - again, a fixed dropdown, with fixed values

Has anyone actually achieved this in Classipress, without using a plugin. I've tried WP Custom Fields Search and the WP Advanced Search Query Plugin, and neither work perfectly out of the bag - both have some degree of problems with the latest version of Classipress (in which the search coding has changed a lot from the previous version).

So, I'm looking for anyone who has done some or all of this in the past - to point me in the right direction. I've done something similar in Vantage, but search is handled very differently in the two, so I am hoping for a shortcut, if anyone has already achieved the above?

Also, if anyone is thinking of purchasing ClassiEstate in the assumption that an estate agency child theme would have a modified search bar to include the above, then be aware that ClassiEstate does not have any additional search processing whatsoever or any theme override to show a more suitable search or refine search

Thanks in advance if anyone can share their solutions/experiences...

red20

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    almightyeric likes this.

Thread Information