Thread: Best server hosting for around £20 a month?

Thanks

Best server hosting for around £20 a month?

Okay - another question for you all.

I have a 1and1 pro unlimited hosting account which has been ok up to now.

I have available 1000 1gb databases (only using 1) and 2gb ram running linux (not sure what type), unlimited* traffic and to be honest it is running like a pile of ****e.

I am running classipress and wordpress with a child theme and my wordpress install with plugins and have 298 live ads running on the site.

My wordpress install with the above is running at 1.98GB (unlimited GB) and my database file is 71.85MB - sql file size 47.6MB(Server type: MySQL, Server version: 5.5. (Debian), Protocol version: 10)

If I try and download large files from my server via ftp I get Error - 500 Internal Server errors and the website goes unstable for a while.

PHP memory is set to 256mb and I'm sure my install is hogging most of this up via cron jobs of one kind or another as backup buddy repoerted 47mb of php memory available. when using the server tools test.

So - What can I do to make things run faster so the site doesn't grind to a halt, and are these figures excessive?
    1GB of the folder data was images from ad images in the uploads folder.

What would I be looking for from a server to run classipress and wordpress without falling foul of server limitation?

I don't want to buy dedicated as of yet and neither do I want to pay for vps (don't get enough traffic currently to warrant it) - I just need to know what I should be looking for out of a server and database to make things run sweet for the time being.

If 1000 people were surfing my site at the same time what would the minimum requirements be to make it run okay for them with out lag/performance issues.

And what can I get for £20 a month?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

🇬🇧 Helmuts | My ClassiPress hobby site: Outlived Classifieds: https://www.outlived.co.uk

❤️ $2.49 / £1.99 - 100GB Space, 1 TB Traffic, Unlimited Domains, Daily Backups, Free SSL Certificates > SSD Cloud Hosting > HostMaria.com

Thread Information