Check my work - Register During Ad Submission
So here is my inelegant workaround to allow users to post ads without registration, and to register while posting ads.
1. I bypassed registration for adding new posts.
2. I renamed "Username" to "Email"
3. I created two new custom fields called Email and Email again, to show in all ad submission forms.
4. When someone clicks place an ads they enter their ad details, and their email address. The ad becomes pending.
5. Admin gets the users email from the pending ad and fills out the registration form manually. The user then gets a password for their ads.
6. The admin deletes the email custom fields from the ads, so they dont show in the ad.
7. The admin re-assigns to ad to the new user.
8. Publish the ad.
The ad is now assigned to the user, and they have received an email entitled "Edit or Remove your ad" containing the password to login and do same.
Its not perfect, and requires a little work on behalf of admin. I have tested it and it seems to work ok.
Maybe I am missing something? Can you guys see any potential pitfalls?