Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bs2000

Thread: Classipress 4 a step backwards.

Thanks

Classipress 4 a step backwards.

As I have read in many articles and now I have to find out after switching to Classipress 4, Classipress 4 is a step backwards in terms of

- usability
    - the design
    - the plugins

If it were possible, I would immediately switch back to the old version of Classipress 3.

But what exactly is so negative?

1. "Show more Ads" button on the start page
    This button takes you to a page on which exactly the same ads are displayed again. Thus, all visitors to the page have to look at the same ads again, which is extremely annoying and perceived as a bug.
    According to the development, it is no different, since the ads are now displayed as a widget. But why can't you transfer the number of ads on the homepage with this button and then display the ads from this position?

2. It is no longer possible to display advertisements between the ads. The plugin "Banners Galore" was wonderful to show ads between the listing, but unfortunately this no longer works because the design cannot be interfered with.

3. The design of Classipress 4 has become airier but much too big for the display on mobile devices. For barley with a smaller display, e.g. an iPhone 8 is scrolled to infinity and the large space between the lines is considered wasted.

With the current update, Classipress has already improved in the right direction with regard to point 3. But the behavior in points 1 and 2 has unfortunately not yet been corrected.

After the switch to Classipress 4, I was flooded with emails and asked to change the design again. I have also lost many users who no longer liked the operation (point 1).

All in all a step in the wrong direction for all of us.

I appeal to the developers of Classipress to restore the functions of point 1 and to develop a concept for the insertion of advertising (point 2).

At the end of the day, both Classipress and we, the operators of the platforms, need happy customers who are satisfied with the usability and are happy to come to our site.

How do you feel about this?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    arthemes.org - AppThemes plugins, tutorials, modifications and services

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

🇬🇧 Helmuts | My ClassiPress hobby site: Outlived Classifieds: https://www.outlived.co.uk

❤️ $2.49 / £1.99 - 100GB Space, 1 TB Traffic, Unlimited Domains, Daily Backups, Free SSL Certificates > SSD Cloud Hosting > HostMaria.com

Thanks
    helmuc likes this.

Thread Information