Thread: CP 102

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Smile CP 102

Hi I am new to CP and WP and I do some basic html/ css, but I should admit that I am not sure where to begin with. I am more tables and colors person

I have read posts that if you know what you are doing, it should be easy to customize the design, which is what I would like to do... So I am hoping that I can find support in this group! If anyone is willing to be my guide, I would gladly pay on an hourly or per answer basis (just contact me), and I would not mind posting all this on the forums so that others can use it as a tutorial... So I will begin with the questions:

Installation: How do you install WP/CP so that it shows as the index.html of my website. My website currently gives me an error. You don't have permission to access / on this server" when I just type the base address. And I quickly learned that if I go into settings and change WordPress address (URL), I mess up things so that I have to reinstall WP /CP. I use GoDaddy.

ERROR?: I am not sure if this is due to my incorrect installation or something else, but when trying to post an ad I currently get a message: "Warning: uniqid() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /wordpress/wp-content/themes/classipress/tpl-add-new.php on line 61"

Home Layout: I would like to take away the "featured listings", "just listed", "most popular", and "random" and use that space to highlight a category in a box on the left side of the page, displaying it prominently along with its subcateogiries. On the right I would like to display the rest of the categories (in a craigslist style). So, I have done some reading to figure out I have to modify the master CSS? But looking at that file is intimidating. Where do I start?

Header: how do I decrease the size of the header where my logo sits? There is a lot of wasted space there, I do not plan on having an ad my first page.

Directory Style: is it possible to organize the order in which the categories appear? i.e. different than alphabetical?

Posting Is it possible to enable images for some categorizes and disable them for others?

Posting2 How do I get rid of Contact and Poster / Leave a reply / 3 total views, 3 so far today? Which CSS? What do I have to do there?

Posting3 How do I get rid of that stats counter on the bottom of each posting??

General: Should I use Appearance > Editor or should I just FTP the css files? Is the end result the same?

Home Page2: Can I also get rid of the

Thanks

Re: CP 102

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information