Thread: Drop Down list/menu in the sidebar-contact.php

Thanks

Drop Down list/menu in the sidebar-contact.php

Hello All,

I have raised this question many time and nobody answers it. Then I have done some research and came up with the following codes.

What I have done:

In the sidebar-contact.php, I have created a drop down field as you can see it below:

sidebar-contact.php

<select name="from_roomtypes" id="from_roomtypes">

<option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Select One</option>
    <option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Single Room</option>
    <option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Twin Room</option>
    <option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Double Room</option>
    <option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Triple Room</option>
    <option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Family Room</option>
    <option class="text" value="<?php if(isset($_POST['from_roomtypes'])) echo stripslashes($_POST['from_roomtypes']); ?>">Suit Room</option>
    </select>

Then I have created two lines in the theme-emails.php file as you can see it below.

theme-emails.php

$from_roomtypes = strip_tags($_POST['from_roomtypes']);

$message .= sprintf(__('Room Types: %s', 'appthemes'), $from_roomtypes) . "\r\n";

Everything is written in right places.No worries there...

I can see the drop down filed list/menu at my sidebar contact form.

However, when I submit an enquiry, I receive an email without the value of the Room Types.

That means I am doing something wrong in the sidebar-contact.php form..

I thought someone might help me out after all this. I promise you if you solve this then I will write down a very good tutorial on this.

Thanks

PS: The following message is for pepsi

pepsi has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information