Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vienna

Thread: FINALLY! The Past is Now! AJAX DEEP CATEGORY Post AD SELECTOR

Thanks

FINALLY! The Past is Now! AJAX DEEP CATEGORY Post AD SELECTOR

It seems like Years since I have been trying to improve the POST AD CATEGORY SELECTOR with various mods. This has been a BIG weakness in Classipress.

I made a 2 stage Ajax selector that was fine for MY site but so many people have categories that go 3, 4, 5 levels and it has been a bit ridiculous that there hasn't been "Classi " way to enable people to Select the Exact Parent or Child or Child of Child Ad category to post to.

Finally, the Answer has arrived!

I contacted a developer over a month ago and gave him my problem with a definite intention to make the solution available to all Classipress users.

This is a series of 5 screen shots on a Free site .... after Selecting POST AD the User arrives where Classipress sends them-- this is the Beginning of the Journey to post a new ad with this new Mod--

NOW we get down to business... not shown are the actual dropdown lists...but each dropdown is JUST for the Category selected in the Selector window above ....

out of a lot of Parent Categories we select "Beauty and Fitness"

Now We see ANOTHER DROPDOWN SHOW UP....it has looked for all the Sub or Child Categories under "Beauty and Fitness" and I select one of those choices, "Massage Therapists"

The function looks through the Choices in "Massage Therapists" and presents a new Dropdown list -- out of 10 different Options for types of "Massage" I chose "Shiatsu"

After choosing "Shiatsu" another Dropdown offers me 4 different types of "Shiatsu" I choose one and WHEN I SELECT then this Ajax dropdown knows that I cannot go any Deeper, no more Children....
    and it shows the "GO" button to proceed to the appropriate form.

And if there were more Children beyond it would have given me another dropdown list to select from!

This function keeps drilling through whatever category until your user has selected the last category.

This function IGNORES the "Allow ads in Parent Categories" setting in your Classipress panel.
    This is my first test on a free site. I have not seen it at work with partial pay and all pay settings.

But, I thought I would report my first test drive.

This should actually be incorporated into the core of Classipress.

I paid for this development but I told the developer from the beginning that I wanted to send Classipress users his way so I will not be providing the mod at this moment without discussing this with the developer.

Just two files are modified.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

59soc (September 19th, 2011), aleksandar (September 8th, 2011), eaport (May 9th, 2012), fidij (September 7th, 2011), hassoune (September 9th, 2011), rubencio (September 7th, 2011), shill (February 8th, 2012)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to italo_disco For This Useful Post:

fidij (September 7th, 2011)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks

Thanks

Contact Developer for Upgraded AJAX Post Ad Selector

chifen likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

destacamos (September 9th, 2011)

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information