Thread: Friendly request to volunteer translators.

Thanks

Friendly request to volunteer translators.

I am very sorry to be rude and I appreciate all the hard work.
    But please leave it alone if you are not a native speaker of that particular language.

I downloaded the Dutch language file which was under the Classipress translations but turned out to be the Jobroller translation (I had to retranslate "vacancy" to "advertentie")
    The nouns begin with a capital where they aren't supposed to begin with a capital (half way the sentence, the only language in Latin alphabet that uses a capital for nouns is German)
    Because of the way that Dutch language pack is translated it's obvious that an online translator (Google Translate) was used, because the grammar doesn't make sense.

So, yes, now I am translating the Dutch pack myself into proper Dutch. And yes I will upload it sooner or later. but it will be slow. Because I find the translations on the front end much more important than in the back end.

Oh and if you feel the need to translate to Dutch anyway, replace "you" by "u" and "your" by "uw" and not by "je", "jij", or "jouw" because these are the informal personal and possessive pronouns. It's inpolite.

You can use "je", ""jij" and "jouw" when you're targeting children and juveniles or when your website doesn't fit "formal speech" For classifieds and vacancies however I recommend formal speech. For vacancies even more.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information