Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hack: Google Maps for non-USA locations (and sites that only need 1 country)

Thanks

Hack: Google Maps for non-USA locations (and sites that only need 1 country)

Just sharing this cuz it would have helped me if I read it.

For those sites not in the USA or who use regions/provinces instead of states:

1) Open sidebar-gmap.php in the /wp-content/themes/classipress/includes directory

2) Change to this code:

Code:
            // check to see if ad is legacy or not and then assemble the map address

if (get_post_meta($post->ID, 'location', true))

$make_address = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'location', true);

else

$make_address = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'cp_street', true) . ' ' . get_post_meta($post->ID, 'cp_city', true) . ' ' . get_post_meta($post->ID, 'cp_region', true) . ' ' . get_post_meta($post->ID, 'cp_country', true);
    3) This will allow the Google Map sidebar to display correctly if you have setup your ClassiPress site "ad submission form" to use the Region/Country fields instead of US States/Country/ZIP Code fields. Most countries don't need the ZIP/Postal code for Google Maps to work correctly, and most countries don't really use such codes for purposes like this, so in my code it is removed.

4) If your site is only for one country, you can (should) remove the Country field from your "ad submission form" however it's best if you still include the Country somehow for the Google Maps API to function better.

5) Open step1.php in the /wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/forms directory

6) Change to this code:

Code:
    <p class="btn1">
    <input type="hidden" id="cp_country" name="cp_country" value="YOURCOUNTRY">

<input type="submit" name="step1" id="step1" class="btn_orange" value="<?php _e('Continue &rsaquo;&rsaquo;','appthemes'); ?>" />

</p>
    Note to ClassiPress team: It would be nice if future versions allowed webmasters to change Google Maps settings within the control panel, including a "default country" to append to the API query code. Cheers ~

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to siam For This Useful Post:

abhi045 (January 30th, 2012), coza (November 17th, 2011), riadabdallah (March 26th, 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jomarkosabel For This Useful Post:

riadabdallah (March 26th, 2011)

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information