Thread: Has anyone heavily modified the category structure of Classipress?

Thanks

Has anyone heavily modified the category structure of Classipress?

I'm still in the process of deciding if Classipress makes sense for a site I'm working on. The biggest problem I have with this theme is that the category structure truly scares me. For instance, this is what I'd expect:

1) User selects their country, this choice returns either states or provinces based on that choice.
    2) User selects their product category (i.e., cars), this choice returns all manufacturers that make this product (i.e., BMW)
    3) User selects the manufacturer, this choice returns all models of that brand's product (i.e., 128i, 135i, etc)

Let's say that you simply can't do #1 on this list, so you have to have USA/Canada be a drop-down box. It's a major setback (mostly because you have no option but to clump all 50 states and 10 provinces in one single drop-down, force the user to choose USD or Canadan $'s in another drop-down, and then have a general ZIP/Postal Code text box which is wide open for margins of error), but there's no other way around it.

The problem is that by #3 on the list, you're now facing a category structure that looks like this: mysite.com/ad-category/cars/bmw/128i (this is already a 4-tier URL, which may or may not look spammy to Google. Not being forced to have "/ad-category/" in the URL would have helped immensely).

When someone creates an ad for it, the ad looks like this:

mysite.com/ads/my-ad-name-here

...this is a nicer looking URL, but the fatal flaw is that it is not structured to be a part of the category its in, like this:

mysite.com/ad-category/cars/bmw/128i/my-ad-name-here

...and this is where my question lies - was anyone actually able to modify Classipress to get ads to actually fall within the category they were placed into? Otherwise, this is a gigantic internal linking & SEO issue and I'm a little afraid to even start a project if I have to use this structure.

Thread Information