Thread: Help needed in some modifications

Thanks

Help needed in some modifications

Hello all,

I created a website with Classipress 3. It is a website where people can post contact-ads so I had to delete loads of things. At the same time I had to change both the minimum and maximum number of characters people can use in their ad and it all had to be fast enough to keep people happy.

The website can be seen at www.briefondernummer.nl. It starts to look nice, but I still need to make some changes on the css to make it look a bit more like a newspaper. Also I need to put SSL on it, but the basics are there now.

But I need some help on things I seem to be unable to change.

First of all the following-order in which categories appear on the category-page. They are now sorted by name (sortby: ‘name’) but I want to be able to decide in which order the categories are shown.

A second issue is the ad-banner on top of each page, the header-banner. For some reason the mobile version refuses to put the banner in the middle of the width of a page, and keeps dragging it to the left. I tried lots of things but sofar failed to get it right.

On the footer-menu in the mobile version I want the links to be centered, but here also they keep dragging to the left.

Another issue: I don’t use the featured slider, but now if people want to post a featured ad the ad still looks exactly the same as a normal ad. Does anyone know where I can for example give it a bit of a background or a border to make featured ads stand out a bit?

A more complex issue is the ad-code. It now consists of 16 characters, and I want to bring that back to six. As I cannot find where the code is created I also cannot limit the length of this code. It is extremely important that the code is shortened.

A final issue is the following:

When people post an ad their names or other personal data are not shown on the website. People who want to reply to an ad send us a letter, and we send it on to the right person. A system newspapers have used for years on end.

But if there are for example 500 ads online and tomorrow 300 letters come into our office it is difficult to figure out which letter has to go where. What we need is an export of data where basically the name and address connected to an ad plus the related ad-code are shown. Does anyone know if that is possible, and how…?

All help is welcome and highly appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Information