Thread: NEXT>>--<<PREVIOUS for ADS

Thanks

NEXT>>--<<PREVIOUS for ADS

Some six years ago I got involved with certain real estate software that had been on the market for a few years at that time. I saw a glaring need, omission, regarding efficiency and ease-of-use for the customer.

It took me months of "nagging" and posting on the forum and finally getting through to a plugin developer involved with the project to create a NEXT-PREVIOUS function so that once a listing was pulled up from a search and after looking at the details page of the listing the User could click >> Next or << Previous and a new listing showed up that matched characteristics of the just applied search. If 25 listings applied then all of them could be loaded onto the same Details page one by one.

I had a developer work with me to create the code and I beta tested until it worked across browsers reliably. I had to insert it into the core php functions and add a .js file during my beta testing. Then the developer offered it as a plugin to that real estate program. As I expected, over time people saw that this single navigational ability greatly enhanced the user's browser experience. After a year the software's principal developer incorporated my idea into the core functions and it has been an integral part of the search and detail pages for that widely used real estate software for some four years now.

Well, all of that to say, here we go again. This NEXT/PREVIOUS function would be a great addition for ClassiPress.

In ClassiPress it would be a major improvement when I click on an ad to see its details if I now have a top and bottom NEXT AD >> and/or << PREVIOUS AD navigation icon or arrow so that I don't have to do a Browser Back or re-select the Ad Category and re-initiate the loading of this Ad category just to see another ad and another ad...

Whatever Ad is selected if there are other Ads in that Category or sub-category then the Detail page ought to offer the ability to the user browsing the Ad to see all other ads that match that characteristic by a simple "Next Ad in this Category" button or link.

Or, if an Ad is fetched by a Search function then every ad that pulled from the database ought to have that search array kept on hand for a Forward or Back through the same Array on the Detail page.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information