Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Overall support feedback

Thanks

Overall support feedback

David, I really have to say that the overall support from Appthemes is really really disappointing.

I'm going to list in bullet point form what I have found disappointing to date:

1: There appears to be almost no "support staff" on the payroll in this forum. Given the claim of 10's of thousands of customers one would think Appthemes could dedicate more support staff to the forum.
    2: I'm not saying English is the only language used by buyers, but it would be the most diverse. It would be good if you had some support staff where English was the first language.
    3: I notice that the questions in the pre-sales forum are always answered within 24 hours or so by mods. Why is this not the case in the general support forums? Quite often questions go unanswered for days, weeks or not at all. To be honest if I had access to the whole forum prior to purchasing Classipress I wouldn't have bought it.
    4: The sales points regarding Classipress advise that there is lifetime support. While I agree there are some users that unreasonably expect custom mods included in this, I also notice many many users reaching for help regarding things that should be just standard. Often it's like "pulling teeth" trying to get help.
    5: There's hardly any progress updates on upcoming releases. Many of us are waiting for updates to fix current issues and we don't even know if our problems are being addressed.
    6: On occasions, including my own threads moderators have deleted some posts to suit the best interests of the Appthemes forum. I think this is deceiving and not in the spirit of forums in general. It's OK to learn by mistakes, as long as we improve along the way.

Things I am waiting for hopefully in the next update.

1: Many cameras take pictures now up to 15mb. Classipress should resize pictures on the fly as a standard function. Already in the short time my site has been operating, many customers have no idea how to resize a picture and end up with an error. Also, there should be a moving motif displaying that the picture is uploading, so that the customer knows what's happening.
    2: There needs to be customised payment gateways, such as direct deposit and cheque. Direct deposit is an option, but is useless as the site admin receives no email advising of payment. This makes payments for membership impossible to manage and is a huge problem for the script.
    3: I've asked about invoices but not had an answer. Surely the customer should receive an invoice when they pay for an ad. This should be standard. Why can't I get an answer regarding this?
    4: People need to be able to purchase bulk ads and then pay for them. If we are charging $3 an ad and the customer wants to put up 10 ads, it's ridiculous that they are sent off to paypal 10 times.
    5: When placing an ad, there is a 3 step process yet when choosing a category is part of step 1 and then the ad is filled out. That's still step 1. This should be fixed up to make it a real 3 step process.
    6: Zero transactions showing up in the back end.

The frontend is really well done and all the people I show say how professional it looks, but it's no good if the backend can't do what the frontend portrays.

Can we have an update please on when the we can expect the next update and what will be fixed/implemented into it?
    weiching likes this.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to f1ngers For This Useful Post:

barry (September 6th, 2011), mabahl (September 20th, 2011), nikthompson (November 30th, 2011), prop (September 13th, 2011), rich (September 18th, 2011), superg19 (September 29th, 2011), talent (September 6th, 2011)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    joniboy likes this.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Useful Post:

nikthompson (November 30th, 2011), rich (September 18th, 2011)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information