Thread: Phone number or any profile field in registration form

Thanks

Phone number or any profile field in registration form

Hi all,

My Classipress site is for listing in an industry where people prefer to be contacted by phone. So, I've already implemented 'phone number' into my users profile page using a brilliant tutorial by @scarstens shown here:
    http://sethmatics.com/articles/appthemes/classipress/extend-user-profile-for-classipress-3-1-and-later/

However as I know my users in many cases will prefer to be contacted by phone I would really like to make sure they have an obvious option to fill out their phone details, therefore I ideally want to have 'phone number' as an optional field in the registration form.

I've figured that the easiest way to achieve that might be to somehow create a way for that 'phone number' field I've now created in the profile form to be copied into the registration form (so the reg form informs the profile field), but I'm not sure. The furthest I've got with investigating that option is this tutorial:
    http://buddypress.org/community/grou...-register-php/

The tutorial is for buddypress which I don't really know a lot about soooo.... my question to the forum is...(drum roll!) What is the best way to get a new field into the registration form (ideally linked to the profile field created in @scarstens tutorial as it means the phone number is displayed in the sellers ads, which is what I need)? And/or can anyone make that buddypress tutorial work with the classipress theme?

Thanks for taking the time to check this out, look forward to responses. I think it'll really benefit the classipress theme generally if this reg form query can be solved.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    arthemes.org - AppThemes plugins, tutorials, modifications and services

Thread Information