Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Really Cheeky Question

Thanks

A Really Cheeky Question

Firstly, let me apologise for my question and hope that it's taken in the spirit that it's meant.

I am (shall we say), probably one of your more mature users, with somewhat limited technical knowledge of the programming aspect of computer usage.

I want to set up a classified advertising site and have been looking for the last couple of years for an "Out of the Box" type of Classified software. Classipress sells itself as such and promotes itself as being able to be "Running your own Classified site within minutes" The reality finds it isn't quite that straight forward at all. There are all sorts of minor glitches that prevent that happening.

The life time support may be there, but the delays that are involved are often (not always) extensive....and when answered, presume an in depth knowledge of re-coding, tweeking etc to make the product work. This isn't the promise when it's sold....and I know it's not mega-bucks...but none the less, it is a package that's paid for.

Classipress is the 3rd Classified product I've purchased and once again, it seems to be another that I daren't launch because I can't get it to work with complete confidence. If it itself were Free Ware, I could accept that.

I'm not wanting to have a site that's totally customised but one that I simply add my categories, choose my pricing, choose options, colours etc and off we go....and yet already, it doesn't "quite" do that.

The forum support may be there, especially if you're a computer "Whizz Kid"....but the product doesn't appear to be quite as simple or as straight forward as it's sold.

I was hoping Classipress would be my answer....at first glance it seemed to be. But as one progresses, it's not as simple as it seems.

I know you guys do your best to help....but the help is often more technical (and unexpected) than I'd thought it would be. Were it Freeware, one could excpect that....but once again, I find myself with another bit of software I worry I will once again asign to the trash can!

Is Clasipress a product that can be used by a novice or is it another "Buyer Beware" product?

I make my comments with the utmost respect but which are born out of frustration.

I just want a site which will work easily, without having to have a degree in IT or coding.

I really appreciate you guys do work really hard and help the best you can....but is Classipress as easy as it's promoted to be? I'm trying not to thread bump but am already disallusioned and frustrated.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks
    Always treat everyone with respect and courtesy, but trust no one.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information