Thread: Second Post Ad Button

Thanks

Second Post Ad Button

I've added a second "Post and Ad" button to my site (entitled "Rate It), which I am using for a Ratings Form. I need this button to only display a specific set of categories in the dropdowns in step1.php, so that all of the ratings go directly into the ratings categories.

The way I did this was to define another global path variable in the theme-functions.php file using the following code: define('CP_RATE_NEW_URL', get_bloginfo('url').'/rate-it/');

Then I created a "Rate It" page, with the slug of "rate-it", to match. This page was obviously a copy of the tpl-ad-new.php file, which called a different version of the step files (which is where I control the categories that are excluded when clicking the Rate It button.

This was working fine, however, it has stopped working recently and I have been going crazy trying to figure it out. First thing I'm curious about is if there is an easier/cleaner way to do this. Or, if someone would be willing to take a look, that'd be awesome. I can pony up a small budget if need be to get this fixed.

The basics of what I accomplished (then it broke) are:

a Rent It Button, which acts as the normal "Post an Ad" button, with the exception that it excludes the rating categories from the dropdowns, so that apartment rentals only go into the rental categories. Next to that Button, I need a "Rate It" button, which excludes all of the rental categories and displays ONLY the Rating categories. Make sense?

The site is located at cairo.jasminehousingrevolution.com for a peek, if this helps.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information