Thread: Splitting up the listing process in to various stages

Thanks

Splitting up the listing process in to various stages

I'm just trying to find out some possibilities of splitting up the listing process in to various key stages, or tabs, as follows:

- Google Map location (not taken from poster's profile because it's an accommodation site):
    Note: they would also then have a field where they could describe the area/region etc

- Custom Fields:
    Note: A series of pre-defined custom fields

- Photos:
    Note: They would be able to upload photos and add titles and descriptions, these would need to have character limits for each field

- Custom taxonomies:
    Note: They would be presented with a selection of tick boxes for each taxonomy group

I was reading the following post on Smashing about Advanced Layout Techniques. It shows how to turn a series of content areas into more easily digestible tabbed sections for the user:

http://wp.smashingmagazine.com/2011/...ontent-editor/

It got me thinking that if it's possible to do this, then it 'might' be possible to group various aspects of the listing in to tabbed groups, which
    in turn could be grouped in to tabs on the front end too.

I realise this doesn't come as standard with CP but wondered if it is at all possible and if so then what are the pitfalls, if any?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information