Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting my Multisite Classipress adventure

Thanks

Starting my Multisite Classipress adventure

I'm getting close to starting my multisite classipress site and will post info as it happens if anyone is interested. because of the location disfunctionality I am going to create around 300 or so cities in subfolders. I think I've got some of the details worked out. One interesting thing, and don't laugh, is that each city i add creates 17 new tables in the database and I will have 300 cities. After you do the math that is 5100 tables. I've never seen a database that big but from asking around to my host and on wordpress forums I think it will be fine. Of course we'll see after I spend countless hours creating these.

I might endup creating everything through PhPMyAdmin with giant sql queries but as of now I will have the categories exported from the parent into xml and imported into each site. As for submission forms with the custom fields, these don't export in xml so I'm using sql queries to populate the tables. Read hear for somewhat of an explanation.

My main issue is tracking all submissions on the dashboard. With multisite, all locations have their own dashboard for approvals etc. I'm thinking I will mod a dashboard to show all ads.

I also have one forum used by all sites. I'm using SimplePress which integrates awesome in that you don't have to login to contribute, it uses the login from classipress/wordpress. If you use this, you need to uncheck 'Use spam tool on registration form' on the SimplePress > Components > Login Registration option. Then for the classipress menu, on the different locations it won't show up becasuse it is a plugin. Or it might but you will have separate forums for each location which I don't want. So I have one forum at my parent site and I edited the header.php file and hardcoded the link to my parent forum so all of my cities will see the link. Just ad a <li> tag with your info around the last 6 coded lines right before the </ul> tag.

Any security, caching, backups, etc I will post later.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information