Thread: Tags going right across page

Thanks

Tags going right across page

Hi Support,

I have a problem with tags going right across the page when I view my site, a page on my site with the tags going across is this one here

I saw a similar post on here which the original poster said:

When advertisers add more than a certain amount of tags to their listing, the tags carry on across the page and go out of the shadowblock. The tags look fine to me in Firefox and IE, but in Opera they go over. Is there anything I can do about that?

The AppThemes support team replied to them with this:

Cross browser compatibility is always an issue for webmasters and it might require specific trouble shooting for the offending codes. You may try testing it with w3c validator to find the code and there are also other methods to do so.
    I have very limited ability in fixing issues as I don't know how to do any sort of coding like php or css, I checked on w3c validator as suggested to the other member and it shows 3 errors for the page link on my site I gave above, which were:

Validation Output: 3 Errors
    Line 253, Column 53: document type does not allow element "ul" here; assuming missing "li" start-tag
    … <ul id="menu-main-menu" class="menu"><li id="menu-item-33" class="menu-item …
    Line 255, Column 22: end tag for "li" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    </ul> </ul>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".
    Line 253, Column 17: start tag was here
    <ul id="menu-main-menu" class="menu"><li id="menu-item-33" clas…
    Line 720, Column 78: there is no attribute "minlength"
    …ame" id="from_name" type="text" minlength="2" value="" class="text required" />

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page.
    What any of that means, I have no idea, it's like a foreign language to me, is there any way to stop the tags going across the page when viewing in Opera browser?

Thread Information