Thread: Use Google Places Autocomplete for Classified Location Data

Thanks

Use Google Places Autocomplete for Classified Location Data

hello,

I am new to posting here but have had my Classipress license for quite some time..... had opted to use a different platform initially and am now coming back full circle given the great advancements with classipress and considering using this instead.

One of the "big" issues/hopes for me that is important to figure out first though is whether anyone already has done this/if there is a plugin available (that I couldn't find), and am somewhat surprised that others have not been interested in doing this too. Basically, what I want to do is have all the relevant custom location fields set up for my site in addition to the normal ones, such as Latitude, Longitude, Neighborhood, County, etc and when someone is placing a listing they start entering their location into a SINGLE location field and the field is autocompleted using something similar to the plugin here:

http://ubilabs.github.io/geocomplete/

and the individual fields on the page are populated with the relevant parsed location data once they select their location from the autosuggest list for the main location field, with the option to change or add info for any blank fields if they want.

Then, on the search side, a person can narrow their search while selecting a category by entering a location into a single field which is again autocompleted based on google places autosuggest.

Does that make sense? Rather than predefined dropdowns for country/state/city etc, or simple text boxes, this seems like a quick and accurate way to get lots of info and make searches easier too....

Any thoughts and/or anyone that has already done this or knows of a plugin available that works with classipress that I missed?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information