Thread: User enabled video options?

Thanks

User enabled video options?

One question I have is I know you can allow users(Posters) to embed a video that is on YouTube with the embed code and HTML Enabled. My question is this:

1. Is it possible for a user to embed video(s) from other hosting sites for example, Amazon S3, screencast.com (Provided by TechSmith), Vimeo or a self hosted video they may have on their site?

2. What are some of the things you would advise for not allowing or using this option? For example: Security reasons, bandwidth space, etc.

3. Is there a sample page or site anywhere to show how the video(s) look and what are the best dimensions for embedding the video(s)? For example: I have made some videos of products (Items) I have for sale like a car and it was recorded at 1280x720 pixels, so what would be the best way to resize the video to fit in the video post for using with ClassiPress 3.2?

Thanks for any help in answering these questions. Also, does anyone know of a good video tutorial complete setup and modification site or class for ClassiPress 3.2? If not, it would make a great marketing material if it came with something like this when others purchase the theme. A good example of this is Thesis. They have video tutorials for setup, modification, changing settings, etc. when you purchase a theme from them.

If you know of anyone who does custom installs and is not to pricey please post a link to their site or information here. Have a great day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information