Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: While Viewing a Single Ad Use Next & Previous Navigation Links - ENHANCEMENT!

Thanks

While Viewing a Single Ad Use Next & Previous Navigation Links - ENHANCEMENT!

This Mod is for Classipress 3.1.5 and 3.1.4 What I am offering finally overcomes, to me, a major inconvenience with looking at Ads.

The User can only browse One Ad at A Time. TEDIOUS. CLUMSY. ARCHAIC.

What I always wanted was to select a Category to view from the Menu .. let's say "Pets >> Dogs >> Large Breeds" I see on the Category list page 44 ads listed in a vertical column that are all in the "Large Breeds" Category. I select an individual Ad in the middle of the Column entitled "St. Bernard Female Seeks Big Home". I click it. I read the individual ad. The dog is a long hair and they shed a lot. Nope. Now I want to look at more dogs in the "Large Breeds" category.

But, now I have to return, one way or the other to the previous list of "Large Breeds" summaries and choose one more ad to see all the details on the next page. On and on... back and forth...full list of summaries, click on one, go look, read, go back...yada yada....

My Mod eliminates this for good. Click on any Ad. View the Ad details and pictures. Sitting at the top, below where you would position the Breadcrumb navigation links are MORE ADS IN THIS SAME CATEGORY -- "Large Breeds"

Here is an example if a category has multiple Ads:

many-ads-in-category.jpg

If that Category has only 2 ads you see this:
    2-ads-in-category.jpg

If there is only 1 ad in that Category you see this:
    just-one-ad-in-category.jpg

To me, this is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT to Classipress. You automatically stay in the Same Category, which means the very last Child category, most specific Category that the Ad was listed in. So if you had another sub-category created for "Big Breeds >> St. Bernards" then all of the St. Bernard Ads would be lined up, just that breed, wherever you look at an individual ad if you want to see more ads in that same category you STAY ON THE SAME PAGE TO KEEP BROWSING.

This Mod also tells you how many Ads are in this Category and if you hover over the Next or Previous or First or Last link it will show you the Title of the Ad coming up.

This Mod requires 2 file changes --

1) a big hunk of code added to the bottom of "includes/appthemes-functions.php" and

2) a slight change to "single-ad_listing.php"

plus adding css code of your choice to styles.php

My CSS looks like this, and you may start with this example, just simple definition for the div containing this Navigation bar.

Code:
    #categorynavigation {     font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;     font-size: 14px;     line-height: normal;     color: #005366;     float: left;     width: 585px;     margin-top: -11px; }

I am going to post the two files: Both are renamed with .txt extensions.

Rename
    them with .php extensions so that you have -- single-ad_listing.php and appthemes-functions.php (this goes into the Classipress /includes folder!)

Before you get them mixed in with your current same-named files make sure you make backup copies of the files now online at your website.

UPLOAD these two files to where they belong. And add the CSS style to your style sheet and upload it, too.

Refresh everything, remove CACHE or delete CACHE so that the you are going to see the changes online.

Once this mod is installed it creates something like the images I show.

NOTE: this ONLY WORKS if your PHP version is at least PHP 5. But, if you are running the most current version of Wordpress it should require PHP 5 already.

Hold on to your current single-ad_listing.php and your current appthemes-functions.php in case you want to put them back into your installation.

I will include more Customization information in another post. Check it out.

If you use it and it works then come back to this thread and REPLY and Hit the THANKS BUTTON !

If you use it and your website disappears and is replaced by nothing but sexy women dancing, say nothing at all, and just just send me the link....

appthemes-functions.txt

single-ad_listing.txt

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

auction81 (September 29th, 2015), cozmuler (May 8th, 2014), husslemine (January 24th, 2012), mzaha (December 10th, 2012), ndlindquist (December 29th, 2011), netads (November 21st, 2011), youfrisky (November 9th, 2011)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

rubencio (November 9th, 2011)

Thanks

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks

Just tried out the Recommended Single Post Navigation Plugin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

husslemine (January 24th, 2012)

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

NEW DOWNLOAD of Single-Ad_Listing.php to replace the Previous Version

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vienna For This Useful Post:

kevlofty (November 9th, 2011)

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information