Thread: WP Custom Search - order of search checkboxes

Thanks

WP Custom Search - order of search checkboxes

I am using WP v3.8.1 with 'WP Custom Search' v0.8 by Alucas (http://classipro.com). In the custom search facility, I have a number of sections with checkboxes that can be ticked to filter the results. Currently the checkboxes are ordered randomly (or rather, in the order of the classified ad posts, which is meaningless) within each section. There are a number of checkboxes, and this will increase drastically over time, making them difficult to read and find the appropriate box. I would like to be able to sort the order of the checkboxes ascending alphabetically.

For example in the 'Breed' category, the checkbox options may include: Shetland, Cob, Arab, Shire that require ordering A-Z. As there are 50+ breeds, this will become essential.

I have previously contacted the plugin author, but he couldn't help/point me in the right direction or was perhaps too busy? His own site forum hasn't covered it as far as I can see. There doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum for this plugin on appthemes?

I believe it should be possible to implement. If helpful, see the left hand column of http://www.horsehawk.co.uk/alpha/.

Any suggestions would be appreciated Thank you.

Thread Information