Thread: Additional Google maps field

Thanks

Additional Google maps field

I have not used google maps before. But I know that we can set personal pointers in google maps esp for property and we get a url for that. Is it possible to add a custom field in the form for people to add that there and use that in PREFERENCE with the location field to show google maps. ie if the google maps pointer is give it should use that else it should use the location. Can be a feature request!

Thanks

Re: Additional Google maps field

You can modify the google maps code to change how the pointers behave. Can you give me a visual example (url) of what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks

What I am trying to do is. If people have already set google map placers I would like to give them the option of including the code for the placer that google maps gives them. I would then like google maps to display that placer instead of the location fiel if it exists. For example the following is a place holder for an address

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... ant+George

Then when I click larger view. I get

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 579&li=lmd

In that towards the right there is a link to generate teh embed code for your website. I would like to let google maps use this information to diplay the maps in case the custom google maps field I have created has data.

Thanks

Ok, I understand now. Yes, you could do some custom work and do that but I don't plan on adding that feature at this time. I agree it would be cool to have but most people aren't that Google maps savvy so you would have to explain on the form exactly what that field is for.

If you get something like that working, let me know as I'd like to check it out.

Thanks
    did you make the change? I need exactly this option, and I dont worry about users, because only admins publish.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Are you still using Classipress version 2.9.3 and if not you may start a request for it in the Classipress version 3 section since this is an old thread.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    understood, indeed Im using CP 3.0.4 thanks

Thread Information