Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Image upload during ad edit.

Thanks

Image upload during ad edit.

Why can't a user add images to his ad, when editing one? Also, if not the user, can the administrator do it? I don't see any such option, so posting the query here.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Image upload during ad edit.

Can a coder write a patch for this please?

Thanks

Im working on making a fix for this. You can edit the pics of a placed add if you can access the wp-admin to edit the ad.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

How is it coming along? Is it done yet? I need to do the same and was wondering wether I should start doing so. If you are done then it can save me the trouble and I can concentrate on other mods for my site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomman
    How is it coming along? Is it done yet? I need to do the same and was wondering wether I should start doing so. If you are done then it can save me the trouble and I can concentrate on other mods for my site.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the developer is already working on this enhancement for a future release. David, do you care to chime in here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jschodde
    Quote Originally Posted by thomman
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the developer is already working on this enhancement for a future release. David, do you care to chime in here?
    Grrr, im always out of the loop it seems haha
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Well if someone who is skilled enough to do it I dont see why not, even if the developer is working on it.

Thanks

Iv asked earlier when the next version is due and what the enhancements are. But haven't received any reply from David. I'm doing some reasonable mods to classipress. Im in the process of importing my entire classifieds site run by scripts in php-mysql to classipress. It has now turned out to be 2000+ categories and over 20000 posts unless I prune old posts. Already modded classipress for custom category selection with multiple category selection. Im working on a premium option so basic ads stay free and only premium ads which are paid will have images, google maps and custom tags etc. Ie why I need image upload to work via edit ad. Its disabled in the post ad. Has David mentioned anywhere about the release or the roadmap for future release?

Thanks

Dang dude! You're gonna have one helluva upgrade ! :P

Your category mods sound very interesting. I wish I was that talented...but I'm working on it.

What is your site url? PM me if you want to keep it on the down-low for now.

Thanks

The classipress site is still being tested locally.The actual site is still live its www.kachavadom.com. I am almost done I just need to get image upload and edit working from edit ad.

Taylerj as you seem to be already into it maybe you should prob look at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...-image-insert/ this should sort most of the issues associated with edit images in edit post. However I have yet to figure out out to get it to work on classipress theme. As Im not much of a coder in php it takes 10 times the time for a pro coder. So if you think this can help you check it out. Maybe even David could consider using this plugin for image uploads.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information