Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: search link and pictures on main listing page

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

search link and pictures on main listing page

Hi Dadid,

I upload the classipress theme and it all seemed ok. I did a few tests with ads and noticed 2 problems:

1. in the search bar if you write something it says page not found. Within an ad the search bar works fine.

2. pictures are showing up fine within the ad but in the main listings page the thumbnails just have a red x.

Please help, also I need the portuguese language file.

Ana

Thanks

Re: search link and pictures on main listing page

Go in and change your permalink settings to anything but the default. Read the README-FIRST.txt file for the recommended way.

It seems you've also setup the site using iframes? This might cause problems (and might be causing the images problem now) so I recommend taking out the iframe. It will also confuse your visitors since the url doesn't change as you navigate pages.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

how do i remove iframes. i didn't do anything to have this way

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    Go in and change your permalink settings to anything but the default. Read the README-FIRST.txt file for the recommended way.

It seems you've also setup the site using iframes? This might cause problems (and might be causing the images problem now) so I recommend taking out the iframe. It will also confuse your visitors since the url doesn't change as you navigate pages.

done! the search bar is working. Thanks. 1 down, two headaches to go

Thanks

I'm not sure. This is the first time I've seen a wordpress site setup this way. Maybe it's your host provider? Did you use a wizard through your provider (within cpanel or something similar) to setup your WP instance or did you just ftp WP and configure it by yourself? It looks like you have two different domains. One is a sub-domain and the other is the main one. You might need to contact your host and have them help you since it's a WordPress/host issue and I don't have any visibility into it.

Quote Originally Posted by justnails

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I'm not sure. This is the first time I've seen a wordpress site setup this way. Maybe it's your host provider? Did you use a wizard through your provider (within cpanel or something similar) to setup your WP instance or did you just ftp WP and configure it by yourself? It looks like you have two different domains. One is a sub-domain and the other is the main one. You might need to contact your host and have them help you since it's a WordPress/host issue and I don't have any visibility into it.

Hi,

first I used the wp tool in cpanel from my host but then i saw it was an earlier version of wp. i cleared everything and ftp the new version from the wp site. the wp domain is bd.e-anuncios.org and then I redirected the domain I bought www.e-anuncios.org to bd.e-anuncios.org so clients could access by putting in the browser www.e-anuncios.org.

Maybe I should clear the whole thing, but my host only has the 2.6 version of wp.
    Also, where do I upload the language file you sent me?

Thanks

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi David,

made a big mess of everything. i cleared everything from my server. I installed 2.6 wp with the host and then classipress but returned fatal error. i don't know if classipress works with 2.6.

i installed 2.6 as an add-on and it gave me a link, a username and pass. if I only istall 2.7 wp with ftp i don't know where i get the link to wp, the user and the pass. that is why i installed first the add on of 2.6 wp and then 2.7 wp through ftp.

i have no idea how to solve this now. my head is exploding and maybe i bought the theme for nothing.
    ana

Thanks

Ana, first things first. You need to make sure the domain is resolving properly. Instead of redirecting www.e-anuncios.org to bd.e-anuncios.org you should change the dns entries to point to your new server. If you aren't sure how to do this then I recommend contacting your host provider by logging a ticket with them and explain that you don't want to forward or redirect your domain. You want it to resolve to their server. Once you get your domain setup correctly then you can install wordpress.

At that point I recommend using their wizard to install WP 2.6 and then once it's stable and everything looks ok, run the upgrade program within wordpress 2.6. I'm pretty sure 2.6 has that feature. If not, then you'll need to upgrade it manually by ftping everything to your server (except the wp-config.php file).

The main issue is to resolve your domain correctly first so you have a stable site to install WordPress on. Once you are ready to configure classipress then I can provide you more specific help. Good luck Ana!

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

hi david,
    what a marathon! I followed your advice. I'm learning more each day since all this is new for me. Let's see if I got it right. I cleared everything off the server, databases, users, etc., then concerning the Iframes they said it was a programing issue and they could do nothing.

now, their add-on tool for wordpress, after I criticized it was the old version I did not managed to access anymore as the page of addons could not be displaced anymore: convenient! Those buggers aren't going to put me down! the problem was that their automatic installation of wp was creating a sub-domain, and not installing in the root directory. So I figured, this thing of resolving the domain had something to do with this. I followed the 5 minute installation by wordpress and voila! the site is in online at wp. (www.e-anuncios.org)
    I hope I did all the configuration right at wp-config. it seems to be working.
    now second part: installing classipress. i guess that one is the easiest.

i will try figure out where to put the portuguese language file by reading a bit more. I think is at content/languages, so I read somewhere. Meanwhile if you could enlighten me that would be great.
    Many thanks,
    Ana

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi David,

the pics on the main page dtill don't appear but if i do a search the ads show up with the picture. strange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information