Thread: Stunned & Surprised Refund Requested

Thanks

Stunned & Surprised Refund Requested

as a brand new customer I am surprised that no one has responded yet to my images error. in the classipress theme menu under images is the following error:

Warning: opendir(../wp-content/uploads/classipress) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/orlandol/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/functions/admin-options.php on line 701

Can i have a refund please? Good grief. What is so difficult to explain? You all know that when one makes a decision to purchase a theme and then not be able to use it is extremely frustrating.

Bear in mind thsat all i did was install the theme. so now, i can't have any images.

Thanks

Re: Stunned & Surprised Refund Requested

Hi!
    Sorry to hear you are having issues getting support.
    It's possible that someoen has not comne across this issue, in which case they could post that they don't knwo but that's no help.
    I did a search on the error in the forums here and found a few psotings of people who had the issue before.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1252&p=5220&hilit=function.ope ndir#p5220
    have a look at this thread. i think there is a solution.

In it it is suggested to confirm that your images directory is there and accessible. The instructions outline a step to make sure this is done. some uploads and installs have trouble doing it.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the way support works around here.

I assume the thread you are referring to is this one: http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewt...2&p=8698#p8698, which you posted it on the 10th of Feb (yesterday), received a reply from a moderator less than 2 hours later trying to assist you, and you didn't provide the information he was asking because he wasn't the CP author replying?

You will find that most of the time, the CP author himself isn't around to answer every forum post because he is busy working on the next release. This is why the mods and other members of the community are here, to do our best to help people. And it appears groan has been able to find a similar problem to yours by doing a search of the forums and that thread contains information about why this has occurred.

Please follow the suggestions from the previous thread and if you are still having issues, then let us know. Thanks.

Thanks

Stunned & Surprised Refund Retracted With Apology to Forum

First of All,

Let me say that I retract my childish rant because it was my own fault and I emphatically apologize to dw for my east coast impatience. Secondly, i apologize to the entire forum. I hadn't read the installation instructions, which are brilliantly simple and easy to digest.

All is well, my site orlandoloop.com is operational and on its way. i welcome any *** kicking i have coming my way. i also welcome input from anyone that has suggestions. the site will be an add=on for westorlandonews.com as well as a orlandomerchant.com.

Thanks for your pleasant tolerance cowgill, i appreciate it!

Thanks

Keith-

I got your email and responded 3 hours after I received it. Like I mentioned in the email, the error message means the classipress image directory does not exist.

You must have missed that step in the installation guide because it's #4 under "General Installation".

"Create a new directory called “classipress” on your server in /wp-content/uploads/ . If the uploads folder is not there, create that too. Then CHMOD it to 777 so it’s fully writable. This is where your customer uploaded images will go. If you get error messages or do not see your customer images on your site, chances are you didn’t set up the folder permissions correctly."

I know you were probably excited since you just bought the theme and wanted to immediately set everything up but please have a little patience for a response next time.

Quote Originally Posted by orlandoloop
    as a brand new customer I am surprised that no one has responded yet to my images error. in the classipress theme menu under images is the following error:

Warning: opendir(../wp-content/uploads/classipress) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/orlandol/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/functions/admin-options.php on line 701

Can i have a refund please? Good grief. What is so difficult to explain? You all know that when one makes a decision to purchase a theme and then not be able to use it is extremely frustrating.

Bear in mind thsat all i did was install the theme. so now, i can't have any images.

Thanks

Ha, I just saw your response after I posted mine. Glad everything is peachy now.

Thanks

thanks. your assessment was 100% correct. nonetheless, is there a way to include help wanted ads but allow for a pay/salary field?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orlandoloop
    thanks. your assessment was 100% correct. nonetheless, is there a way to include help wanted ads but allow for a pay/salary field?
    Thanks for your apology, and glad to hear you have sorted out the original problem

You may want to refer to this thread http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=11&t=1752 where you can find tutorials, including one to create custom fields.

Locking thread as initial issue resolved.

Thread Information