Thread: best permalinks

Thanks

best permalinks

I am about to implement Classipress 3.1.1 in a fresh WP installation & url and will (hopefully) end up having many pages.

My investigations suggest that using /postname/ or /category/ or any other "text" at the beginning of a permalink structure is absolutely NOT recommended as it dramatically increases the size of the database (thus slowing down searches as you add more pages to the point where it can actually crash.

This advice (as found in many forums) goes against the recommendations in the Appthemes setup provided which is to use /%postname%/ or /%postname%-%post_id%/ but I have noted that those permalink recommendations have not been been changed as long as I have been a customer (in Classipress and Jobroller)

Can someone please recommend a good permalink structure assuming I am going for speed / functionality and will likely be using the IIRF plugin (unless suggested different) to rewrite urls as I am hosted by an ISP that uses Windows and not Apache servers?

Many thanks - and I know that this info will help many in the community and is very much needed.

Mark in Vancouver

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information