Thread: Clarify Membership ID and User Role

Thanks

Clarify Membership ID and User Role

Hi guys.

Can someone from the support staff or a knowledgeable member explain to me one thing?

When a Membership is created it’s assigns an ID to the “membership”, but there is no “User Role” has been created. And as WP works User Role has “capabilities” assigned to.
    (that’s how as a user can create 1 post and assigned it to 1 or 6 categories, then create another post and assigned that to the same 1 or 6 categories…..and can do this 100’s of times)
    … so beside the membership – as it explained, examples and language used – pretty confusing to begin with…

My question is.
    If there is only a Membership gets ID (but no User Role with capabilities), how does this works right?
    If there is only Membership gets ID – and No User Role with capabilities – it can get “messy”, - and in my view – unsecure and easily hacked as well – unless I’m missing something here….

The core function of WP is User Roles and Capabilities ……

When a Membership created, it should create a NEW User Role (and assign a capabilities) and assigned to the Membership.
    (Or turn it around: Membership should be based on a User Role and capabilities)

Example: if I create a “Silver” membership – it should create a New user role: “Silver” and based on the membership settings – Assign a capabilities user role: Silver.

Other scenario is: when a new user registers for the Silver membership – a registered user should get the User rile: Silver assigned to.

So I think this membership setup is – one way or another – is not up to correct and secure membership setup and it’s need this issue be fixed – and I mean right of way.

As others were saying here in other posts, you would expect more from professional software.

However – until it’s fixed…(which again –should be immediately)… I don’t mine creating a new User Roles manually….. BUT does anyone have and idea How can I assign Membership ID to a User role?
    So Dose Who Register (buy) a Membership – actually gets a User Membership Role?

Thanks for any help and would appreciate any / advise / direction or feedback.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information