Thread: Major issues installing ClassiPress 3.4.1 with Wordpress 4.2.3

Thanks

Major issues installing ClassiPress 3.4.1 with Wordpress 4.2.3

I'm trying to build a site using the ClassiPress 3.4.1 theme we just purchased with Wordpress 4.2.3. I'm running into enough major setup issues that we're considering filing the $99 we spent on the theme as a loss and looking for something else. Has ClassiPress 3.4.1 been tested as a NEW install with WP 4.2.3 at all? Did it work for anyone else? What did they do?

I've read the tutorials over and over. In the examples given there (which are for Wordpress 3.2.something), ClassiPress apparently does just about everything for you (other than changing the Permalinks structure, creating a few categories and setting up reCaptcha). After theme activation, the tutorials depict a fully-formed site, with the ad listings front and center, an example ad already showing, the blog buried in the menu (and able to be turned off entirely, which is what we want to do). The it's just a matter of moving widgets around a little and waiting for users to click "Post an Ad" (a button which works right out of the box).

What actually happens is this: I end up with a site with NO menus, the blog front and center and unable to be disabled, a "Post" button that just reloads the home page, no pages created, no way to specify a static front page. I can type (sitename.com)/ads and see the test ad I created via the admin area, but It doesn't seem to allow registrations (other than four spam accounts that descended on the site within hours and created accounts, probably using some backdoor route). Choosing "directory style" has zero effect on the look of the site. I've deleted and reinstalled the theme (via the Wordpress utility, and manually via FTP) at least ten times now.

Are there any plans to create an updated step-by-step tutorial for 2015? Wordpress 3.2.somthing is from 2011. I really just want to achieve kind of a "generic" ClassiPress look...Featured Ads slider at the top underneath the header, a list of categories below that, latest ads below that, a sidebar with a search box and whatever. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how to edit code to make this happen. I need a tutorial...I can follow instructions, even complex ones. But I need the instructions to begin with, and they need to be up-to-date.

Thanks.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information