Thread: Multi Site Question - How best to set it up/structure the sites

Thanks

Multi Site Question - How best to set it up/structure the sites

Hi guys,

Great theme you have there.. I recommended it to my client when I first saw it. He went ahead and purchased the $199 license. I would like to run something passed you all for some urgent advice please..

We want to set up a classifieds site for London using multi site subdomains as the various borought... Kensington.mysite.com, Richmond.mysite.com, etc.. We essentially want to be able to make it manageable and easy to understand for users and admins etc.. You say that the plugin supports MU but i don't see any documentation that goes any deeper.. Are there any MU features or is it just that it doesn't break when using MU? Ideally I would like to have Classipress as the default theme (people can't add their own sites, just the admin will do that now and again for new boroughs/areas) and then allow people to post into the different areas.

My idea was to have a master site with some custom coding to draw together each of the classipress installs for a search functionality and then each subdomain site would only show the products listed for it's own area. My worry is that with 30+ boroughs I am going to have to duplicate the theme 30 times in the framework and it's going to be a management/maintenance nightmare. Is there a way to have only one occurence of the theme and then each site uses the one set of files from the central location? Ideally the main blog so I can integrate some custom search functionality.

Apologies for the long winded question but I am newish to Multi User WP and would love it if anyone could give me some pointers on best practice and/or what would work in my situation.

Thanks in advance
    Sean

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information