Please Help Finishing Set Up Website
I just purchased the Professional Edition of ClassiPress and need help finishing set up my site and understanding how it works a little more. Here are my questions...I am setting up my site as a paid business directory (www.wisweddingplanner.net
) and I have all of my categories. I want to have Paid and Free listings (the free listings will just display the business name and phone, the Paid listings will have all the rest of the fields I created).
- Do I set it up as "Fixed Price Per Ad" or "Price Per Category" to accomplish this? I was thinking if I set it up as Price Per Category - like it says to if you set up free and paid ads...When I created my "Form" it is applied to a Category, and wouldn't I need 2 forms? One for the free listing with just business name and phone and the other more complex with more fields? The category doesn't really matter. Does this make sense? How do I set this up? I was thinking more like, when you set up fields you can select a checkbox for each of the Price Packs it should be tied to so you know what fields should show up on the forms.
- Can I create a new listing in the admin panel without paying? I need to create / copy a bunch of listings from my old site and select their free / paid membership and start date
- How do I point my .com to also go to this site after it is done? I would like to use both URL's. What is the best way to do this?
- How do I implement coupons? (per ad package)
- How are listings ordered? Featured ones on top, then Paid, then my free ones? If this is not available, can this be available soon? Then once in this order are they sorted alphabetically, by hit count, randomly, etc?
- How do I remove wordpress.org from the Meta widget? I don't want to do any custom coding because then when I upgrade either my wordpress or theme it will go back. I tried using Custom Meta widget and it errored my whole site.
Thank you for your help. This was a very easy theme to set up and get working, I just had these last couple items to do before I get started adding directory listings. Thanks, keep up the great work!