Thread: Problem in translating SOME words in ClassiPress

Thanks

Problem in translating SOME words in ClassiPress

First of all, I am able to translating most words from English into my own local language. I am using POEDIT to edit classipress.po and translate the words I am interested. When saving it, classipress.mo is automatically updated and my web site immediately picks up the translated words. (I am doing everything on my local computer using MAMP. There is no FTP needed).

Another way of translating is I use command 'grep' on MAC command line to find where those terms are used. I open that file, replace that English term with my local language term. Save the file. The website also immediately picks up the new term. I rarely use this way.

OK. Here is my problem. I cannot translate some words. I have done the translations using the two ways above and the web site still shows those terms in English, nothing has changed. For example, when I click 'Post an Ad', the following pages contain these words "Please fill in the fields below to post your classified ad. Required fields are denoted by a *. You will be given the opportunity to review your ad before it is posted.".

I found them in POEDIT and translated them, saved. The web site still show them in English. I use 'grep' command and found those words are inside includes/options.php. I replaced those English words with my own local language inside the file. The web site still show those words in English.

Same problem happens to the RULES and GUIDELINES in the Preview page near the end of Post an Ad.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 999 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information