Thread: Warning: session_start() [function.session-start] when installing Classipress

Thanks

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start] when installing Classipress

Hello,

I've recently moved to a new host and decided to do a completely clean install. The new host is actually a new account on the old host and ClassiPress worked fine.

I have installed WP 3.3.2 and my domain www.onlinecomputertrader.com.au works fine with the default WP theme.

Without adjusting 'any' configuration at all, I next install the ClassiPress theme 3.1.8, when I activate it and display the url homepage I get this error.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_0e9b660d8098e72610bab5aba5e3db0b, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/rexthedo/public_html/www.onlinecomputertrader.com.au/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/lib/fb/facebook.php on line 37

If I go back to Appearance>Themes and activate the original WP theme the error message disappears.

Classipress was installed by WP at the following location:
    /public_html/www.onlinecomputertrader.com.au/wp-content/themes/classipress

the site and home urls within WP are set to http://www.onlinecomputertrader.com.au

I am really stumped with this one and have reloaded both WP and CP 6 times now.

At one time it did work, this was when the install path did not have 'www.' in front of it. But when I changed the WP home and/or URL settings to www or not, it broke. so I've been configuring the WP setup to add a 'www.' to the folder name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

John.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information