Thread: Is AppThemes confused?

Thanks

Is AppThemes confused?

After quite a bit of testing and reflecting and comparing and reading -- I feel a little bit lost - the same sort of lost one feels trying to navigate through a vast Medina in the middle of the night - borderline hopeless I suppose.

I feel this way because AppThemes' business and pricing model is very much based on buy and lead.

For example, the Job Roller Theme (or JR application that uses a set of themes, which is what it actually is: an application bundled with basic themes) works alright - it functions, but it's missing some features one would expect to find in a Jobs Board website, e.g. the ability to manage profile pictures in one centralized place or in one centralised way ("PING! There's an additional theme, plugin, add-on for that...") well, I don't to have to buy an add-on for that! So immediately the Job Roller application, out-of-the-box, loses a tick of approval from the Job Seeker.

As I have already mentioned in an earlier post, allowing users to upload DOCs, for example - really needs to be reinforced with some kind of virus checking feature. Or, all uploaded DOCs for job-applications are stored in quarantine, checked, then allowed to be emailed to the 'Client' / Employer.

I know not 1 single jobs board (except for Job Roller) that allows unregistered web users to apply for jobs online through email and with upload/attach functionality. So why is this feature available in JR. It's an open invitation for abuse by spammers and fools.

In my eyes, Job Roller vanilla is not quite 100% complete, whilst fxtender provides more of the common/standard jobs board functionality. http://bruno-carreco.com/wpuno/fxten...nder-features/ - but reading the reviews, apparently even this super-doopa FXTENDER is flawed.

"FXtender is the perfect companion for JobRoller." - more precisely, FXtender functions more as a standard jobs board, whilst Job Roller vanilla doesn't. So why bother with JR. It'd be more useful to provide FXTENDER as the ONE main application. Welcome to your new home. "Need a light switch? There's an app for that".

Now, looking at the FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.appthemes.com/themes/jobroller/

• Job Seekers & Employers, Resume (CV) Database, Recruiters, too! Apply for Job Form.

Well all of these are standard actually, it's not a special-feature to allow job seekers to apply for jobs, its an basic essential.

• Transaction Logging

I'd rather check this in PayPal - more secure. So a bit of a pointless feature.

• Auto Resized Images

This one made me chuckle. WordPress does this as standard, with any theme. So why is this a "feature".

• AJAX & jQuery Features

Doesn't work for me in Job Roller vanilla.

• Child Themes and Plugins.

This made me chuckle. What a feature! ... "want more essential/basic/common job board features & functionality? Well! You can buy more plugins and themes...".

LinkedIn no longer supports APIs in the way described.

Responsive Web Themes are no really a feature by now - they're common. Calling this a feature is bit like saying "our themes are made using CSS" - wow, really.

So - then, AppThemes has the audacity to say "Hei, want more standard job board features? Then buy this add on. Want a better looking Theme but can't be bothered customizing the CSS, then buy this better looking Theme...".

Hummm. Wiffs...

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information