user info vs profile info - confusing how this works
Im using JR + FX Pro. Im trying to understand how the process of registration works and how the filled in information is being used in the job itself and my profile.
Now the initial process of registration and posting 1st job is very quick and easy.
However, when looking into the details i found some things that really dont make sense to me (and im sure not at all to my client)
dont get me wrong, i like JR and the FX add-on, but this part of the process does not seem to consistent and user-friendly.
unless its just me not getting it, ofcourse
let me explain this by an example.
scenario: 1st time user, registering and posting 1st job.
1. create account with username
2. enter job details, starting with company
info, including company name
, the option to upload a logo
3. post job
Now, this part is rather simple and OK. The results however, are not.
username vs company name
- the chosen user
name is used in the company
name field, i expect it to be used in the (first) name field
- the filled in company
name (at the job detail step) is nowhere to be found in my profile page, only in the job edit page, i would expect it to be used in the company name field in my profile, why is not there?
- If i want to show the company name on the job listing and job page itself, instead of my username (that is being used as company name), i have to change the company name field, then save, then change the display name, then save again to correct this. not very handy
- the uploaded company logo (in job details step) is visible in my profile edit
page, but not in my profile page itself, it still shows the gravatar. only after job approval/publication, the logo is visible.
- if i change the logo in the profile edit page, the logo is changed on my profile page, but NOT on the job page and in the listings.that can only be done by editing the job itself. why is that? i expect to have the logo in one place (profile) and to be used/change everywhere
- if i change the logo in the job edit page, the logo is changed in my profile edit
page (why not the other way around too?)
- the new logo is, however, not visible in my profile page, until the job is approved/published again. i dont understand this.it falls back to the default gravatar icon.
- the filled in company URL (in job detail step) is only present in the job itself, it is not used in the website field in my profile. why?