Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Custom forms showing errors - where is 1.3.3 update?

Thanks

Custom forms showing errors - where is 1.3.3 update?

Well this is a real doozey. I am using the latest dev version 1.3.2 [677f95a1c0] (which dimitris installed for me yesterday or the day before to my test site) but when I upload a document in the back end of a listing using a custom field (file upload) the result shows up as text only and it's in the wrong place of the listing - not clickable (see image below). Clients can add documents from the front end and they appear in the correct place so why can't I get the same results uploading a document to a listing from the back end?

Attachment not working backend.jpg

I would like to know what the fix is and when will it come?

I thought, well maybe I should add a new custom field (file upload) to test and see if that makes a difference. After clicking "Update" I get this:
    Errors after adding custom field.jpg
    and if I use this new custom field to upload a document from the back end of the listing I get the same result as the first image above, so no luck there either.

You know guys, this theme is almost okay but these silly little errors and lack of testing just makes it painful. I am so nervous about launching my business because of these bug issues and out of lack of confidence in the Vantage theme. Who will be there when I do launch and I need fast support to fix things? I can't operate a business with these bugs and untested features that don't work as they should. I really want this to work and maybe even be one of your biggest success stories but I can't keep waiting 6 months at a time for the next release to fix the bugs, while in the meantime I have no income and money is racing out the door with license fees, support fees, dedicated server fees, plugin fees, subscription fees, development fees, backup storage fees, domain name fees and the list goes on. I have invested so much into this and feel very stuck, very poor and very disappointed over appthemes and especially the lack of testing before the product was released for sale. It's not really finished is it?! Even if I got a refund it is no where near the money and time I have invested into this theme. This theme is what I have been developing all day, everyday for the past 12 months - it's not just a pass time. I have seriously put my everything into this business directory but I am frustrated over this whole thing. I am hopeful that you are going to release a stable update with all features working smoothly. When is the next release coming and will it have a fix to the problem above?
    tbase, annac, kidztipis and 2 others like this.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information