Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "How to" Laundry List

Thanks

Question "How to" Laundry List

Vantage is a wonderful application, but skinny on detail or changes. It looks really stripped down bare in the backend.
    I have set up brisbanelister.com.au and it looks great, but have questions.

1. Love the way the "icon-image" logo and "logo image" are separate. But how Do remove the logo.png and "add back" the default Text Site Title in its place, leaving the "icon-image" as the logo area in tact? And not lose my changes in both areas everytime there is an upgrade?
    1a. I have changed the footer message, and the search form examples, but how do I retain that when upgrading? Should there not be a child theme built in to save my changes, or a "custom CSS' area somewhere? This would simplify upgrades.
    2. Maps. The maps are basic, but are not rendering in the content. Why are they not showing?
    3.Why is there not a sample custom form, or several templates ready for modification and saving?
    4. No WYSIWYG. Why is there no WYSIWYG or at least basic HTML tags that can be used shown? Will you be adding some kind of WYSIWYG for this?
    5.The directory entry content print size. The font size is too small, I can hardly read it. How do I increase this size and retain the settings when upgrading? Would want 1EM to 1.2EM at least. With Titles bigger, and given H2 tags in lists, and H1 tags in single posts.
    6. Images too small. How do I get the images bigger and the directory entry galleries and lightbox to show bigger images and keep my changes when upgrading?
    7. How do I add a print button and email button on every listing? Do I have to add a print plugin in?
    8. In line ads. I want to offer a free listing, and need to monetize with in line ads in the directory entries. There are enormous spaces within the listing space. How do I fill these with ads, and retain my changes when upgrading the theme?
    9. Directory entry layout. The layout of entries seems too sparse, with gaps and white space to other sections. When will the CSS layout of the entries be improved and tightened up?
    10. The maps are basic. I want street views. Can I add this easily in some way, or do I need a plugin? if so, how do I add a decent maps plugin to integrate with Vantage in the Custom Post Types/ directory entries?
    11. How do I set up a category map with custom map pins with locations shown of similar businesses and multiple custom pins to complementary businesses?
    13. I want to add events, but there is not mention of what version will add events beyond version 1.1.
    13a. In the meantime is there a events plugin that you can recommend to do the job? I asked Shannon but he is yet to reply to my suggested ones.
    15. Getting listings into vantage. Is there an API for getting mass listings imported in the directory, from Yelp or Yellow Pages for instance?
    I know this is a lot, but if you answer these questions, FAQ the answers somewhere you will get a lot less questions in the forum in my view.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tcarter For This Useful Post:

carson (May 1st, 2012)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Lightbulb

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information