Thread: How to remove a category and sub-cats from main category listing and place elsewhere

Thanks

How to remove a category and sub-cats from main category listing and place elsewhere

Hi there,

I've had someone working on this for me and now I think it's all screwed up. I would like to take an entire category and all of it's sub-categories off the main category listing display yet still allow the category and sub-categories to exist. This category has many, many sub-categories and I want it to be a separate part of the Vantage directory not mingled in with the rest of the categories when you look at the full list of categories. It looks unwieldy on that page and I also don't want people to come to the site and try to add a listing for that category on their own. I'm handling those listing reservations manually.

On this page I would like to have the "Direct Sales Guide" category and all of it's sub-categories disappear from the listing yet remain in the directory. I will create a link at the top of my page, directing visitors specifically to the URL for the "Direct Sales Guide" category but if someone goes to the full listing of categories they won't see that category listed. I was told this was possible by someone working on this for me. Could you please give me instructions on how I might be able to make this possible? URL is guide.twincitiesmoms.com and the listing of categories is available when you hover over "The Guide" in the blue nav bar or go here: http://guide.twincitiesmoms.com/categories/

Thanks!

Thread Information