Thread: Questions about cancelling recurring payments through Vantage

Thanks

Questions about cancelling recurring payments through Vantage

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to cancel a recurring payment so that the person who created the listing doesn't get charged again.

It looks like the only way to do this is to "delete" the listing. Either the admin can do it from the backend, or the user can do it from his/her dashboard.

First of all, is that correct? Or is there a "cancel my recurring payment" button somewhere that I missed?

If deletion is the way it's done, some questions:

1) If a user deletes his listing but he's still got time remaining on his purchase for that month, it seems like the listing would go away and the user would "lose out" on the remaining time. Is that correct?
    2) Does deleting the listing automatically communicate with Stripe or PayPal (we offer both) to not charge the card again?
    3) What if the user wants to start her listing over again in the future? It's no longer listed on her dashboard. An admin could go into the backend and move the listing from Deleted to Published, but that seems weird.

Basically, I think there should be a way to say "keep my listing until it's set to expire, then *don't* charge my card again, just remove the listing."

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Robert

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information