Thread: Recurring Payment Problems

Thanks

Recurring Payment Problems

I'm a long time user of Vantage theme, I have a fairly successful directory based on Vantage from a couple of years ago.

I remember at the time having big problems getting recurring payments to work properly which I managed eventually.

Now I'm setting up my second Vantage and I want recurring payments again, I see that multisites sharing the same PayPal is supported, however I'm still having problems.

I've enabled PayPay IPN in the new site and done some test recurring payment orders, the initial payment works fine. The second payment is taken from PayPal but the Vantage website doesn't update to reflect this, I've looked at the PayPal IPN History and I can see the notification is sent with a 200 response.

My old Vantage is still on theme version 1.3.2 - I'm scared to update it because it was one of my first Wordpress sites and who knows what core edits I might have made, plus it still works very well so at this point I take the attitude of if it's not broken don't fix it. I've since designed about 50 Wordpress websites so I don't have that problem with any more, my new Vantage is on the latest version and I will stay on top of upgrades.

Obviously now I've compared all of the settings from my original Vantage site that still works with my new site and the only thing different is I haven't got PDT turned on. So I tried to test it with PDT turned on, the vantage document says:

"If you have another site that uses PDT, you should enter the return URL that you prefer for that site. Again, Vantage controls the return URL for your Vantage site and does not use the return URL provided on your PayPal account."

So the return url doesn't matter, I've left it the same as it was and I've put in the same Identity Token from my original Vantage.

Problem is the first payment doesn't work now, the customer is transfered to PayPal, the payment is made and then it transfers the user back to my website but a blank page, not the confirmation page. When I say blank page I don't mean 404 or anything, the header and footer are all there, just not content in the middle. The admin says pending payment and the no emails are sent from the website.

So I guess my questions are:

1. I thought PDT was optional, should recurring payments work without that?
    2. Why am I getting a blank content page when using PDT, works on my other site, is it the return url or maybe a bug in the latest version of Vantage?
    3. Is someone in the support team available to have a look with me?

Thanks

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information