Thread: Child theme suddenly broken: Template header is suddenly missing

Thanks

Child theme suddenly broken: Template header is suddenly missing

Hi Jomark,

Since a few days there is a new technical problem that I don't understand at all. All the CSS information has been lost. Apparently, the child team suddenly no longer works. When I went to the design/themes section the first time this error occurred, I got the following error message:

Template is missing. Standalone themes need to have a templates/index.html or index.php template file. Child themes need to have a Template header in the style.css stylesheet.

Why this new error is so puzzling to me is that I cannot explain how it could have occurred. When I last logged out, everything was still fine. When I visited the site yesterday, the child theme was broken. I didn't change anything. No updates, no new plugins, nothing. How can something like this happen? I don't understand it.
    I thought maybe it was because of some automatic plugin updates. To test this theory, I also updated all plugins and themes on a test site with an old, fuctioning copy, but the child team didn't break. So it can't be due to updates.

I'm still helpless as to what could be done now. We are thinking about uploading a back-up. However, there have been new and updated listings since then. If there is a way to do this, I would export the new/updated listings and import them into the backup and then upload the backup to the life site. But I can't find a function within Vantage to export and import individual listings.

Do you have any idea how such errors can suddenly appear out of nowhere?

Do you have any idea how best to proceed in such cases?

Is there a way to export and import individual listings?

I'm beginning to despair of WordPress and Vantage.

Thanks in advance,

Zsuzsa

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information