Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google maps error messages only with Vantage version 4

Thanks

Google maps error messages only with Vantage version 4

Dear Jomark,

I've been running the Vantage directory theme since 2015 under version 3. For over a year I'm trying to update the site to the latest 4.X version. After numerous customizations with your help and months of work the new directory would now be ready, I wanted to upload it today to the live site.
    Now there is still a lingering problem: Google map error messages. We have already made several attempts to fix this problem, without success. I am getting desperate. The Google API keys are filled in in both fields (Geocoder and Map). Interestingly, the API keys work finely on the live site with Vantage version 3, the error messages only occur on the staging sites with the new Vantage version. I have attached screenshots. Interestingly, when I ignore the error messages and click further, the map und geocoding work perfectly. So, I had previously assumed that the Google API keys only work at the correct live URL and that the error message would automatically disappear once the updated directory version was uploaded at the correct live URL. But, that doesn't seem to be the case. Today I performed a test: When I migrate the old Vantage directory version 3 to a test URL as a staging site, the API keys still work! Only if I then update Vantage from version 3 to version 4 (API keys staying in place), suddenly Google error messages occur when I try searching. That is, this error message has something to do with the Vantage version. Can you help me with that?
    Thanks, Zsuzsa

Google maps error message.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jomarkosabel For This Useful Post:

bauerzs (January 4th, 2021)

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information